Thursday 28 August 2008

Chickpea curry with quorn

I have cooked this recipe so many times before but never for Dan. He asked me to blog the recipe so he can give it a go. I told him to watch me cook it and try to remember it instead :-)

But because he asked really nicely last night, here goes:

I used:
medium onion, sliced
2-4 garlic cloves (I like mine garlic-y), chopped
chili flakes
a tin of chickpeas, drained
a tin of chopped tomatoes
capsicum or peppers
quorn "chicken" style fillets, cubed
2 tbsp of curry paste
coriander, roughly chopped


What I did:
  1. Most of the time, I dry fry my onion with just a bit of salt. I was told that this caramelizes the onion. When the onion is a bit cooked, I add olive oil, a pinch or two of chili flakes, and the garlic.
  2. Add the curry paste. I use Patak's curry paste. It's good stuff.
  3. Add the quorn pieces and cook it for about 3-5 mins or just until it's brown.
  4. Mix the chickpeas and cook for about 2 mins.
  5. Add the capsicum/peppers. I like to add mushrooms, too, but Dan does not like mushrooms. I know, it's weird.
  6. Add the chopped tomatoes. If it's still too dry, add some water.
  7. Season with salt, pepper and coriander.

2 comments:

Puppetmister said...

There's nothing weird about a fear of mushrooms. I don't like to eat any kind of fungus. And I'm not alone:

Invasion of the Mushrooms

tuesy said...

Hmm.. the link doesn't work...